Saturday 15 February 2014

Lurking in Hatt's Vintage Emporium



I didn't know how much of a treat I was in for when I came across this humble little stall. Drawn in by a vintage "Come in we're open sign", I couldn't resist. Located within Cardiff Market, Hatt's Vintage Emporium is more than impressive and I recommend that all of you vintage lovers give it a visit ASAP.


So where do I start? When first entering this stall, I could not help but to feel as though I was entering a den full of vintage treats with a cosy warm atmosphere, making it a comfortable place to have a cheeky little lurk. It was like entering a Narnia, full of historic and interesting styles. The guy holding the stall was beyond lovely. With all of these vintage stalls and markets popping up, there is nothing more impressive than someone who actually knows their stock. When I say they know their stock, I don't just mean know the brands that they are holding, I mean know the quality, the era that the stock is from, and how certain bits of stock were received at the height of their popularity. And this is what first impressed me. Hatt's Vintage Emporium seriously know their shit, I promise to you. The way that they communicate this knowledge with their customers is beyond amazing, I was welcomed with a huge smiley hello (not one of the fake ones that you are normally welcomed with) and seen off with a lovely handshake and a sincere "We hope to see you soon". I found myself there for a good half an hour just having a conversation about all their stock, it was both friendly and informative - two of my favourite things when it comes to customer service.



Okay, I guess that I should mention that their stock is mainly targeted at men. However, it is important to tell you at this point that the range of brands that they hold, such as Levis and Ralph Lauren, make all of the items of clothing versatile and appropriate for both men and women. So I guess what I'm trying to say simply here is ladies do not be put off! I'm always finding myself wearing mens clothes, I often find that they have so much more choice when it comes to shirts - you lucky things. When it comes to the shirts at Hatt's Vintage Emporium, boys and girls you will both be spoilt for choice, I definitely was. As blazers are a huge hit with this seasons trends, the amount of different styles that Hatt's Vintage Emporium have to offer will literally have you shaking with excitement. Different patterns, textures, and cuts - you name it and they've got it! The huge range of style when it comes to the shoes mixed with information that they come along with literally make you feel as though you are stepping into the shoes of somebodies past, an interesting past that is.





All of the items within Hatt's Vintage Emporium are more than affordable. Even for us money saving students. If you aren't excited enough already, maybe I should mention that they also offer student discount. Everyone loves a cheeky little student discount, don't even bother trying to deny it! But if you do find yourself in a pickle with your funds, they are more than happy for you pay off your clothing in small amounts, all you have to do is put down a small deposit like a fiver. I mean a fiver is nothing when you think about it!



Check Hatt's Vintage Emporium out ASAP. They constantly get in new exciting stock. If you cannot get down to the stall then check out their Facebook, they are constantly updating with images of new stock and don't forget to check out their Twitter for more updates!



No comments:

Post a Comment